PHASE I: EMPOWERMENT & ENABLING
Step 1: Unconditioned acceptance, understanding, empower and enable the patient
‘You are okay’ – like every Patient.
The doctor and the Diabetes Team are accepting, empowering and enabling you as individual person to establish your ‘Individualized Action Plan’.
- SF*1: A helpful social environment is supporting you in your Diabetes Management.
- SF*2: You as patient are able to accept help and guidance (it is not only a matter of ‘good will’).
- SF*3: The positive energy and motivation to overcome the daily stress is crucial for your successful Diabetes Management.
- SF*4: It is important to know the best possible Self-Care and that you are enabled to ‘make it happen’.
PHASE II: COOPERATION & CONTROL
Step 2: Cooperate with You (to be Successful)
Patient and Doctor are a ’synergistic tandem’, supported by the Diabetes Team. The trustful cooperation is the basis of a successful “Individualized Diabetes Management”.
- SF*5: Openness and self-exploration of the Patient is helping the Doctor and the Diabetes Team to understand you.
- SF*6: The accepting and understanding Doctor and Diabetes Team is giving you individualized support and guidance>.
PHASE III: HEALTHY LIFESTYLE AND COPING
Step 3: To Integrate a Healthy Lifestyle and Quality of Life
- SF*7: With ‘focus (of attention)’ on improvement needs
- SF*8: Realizing successfully your ‘Individualized Action Program’
- SF*9: Integrating healthy lifestyle and quality of life
- SF*10: Successful coping with Diabetes maintaining positive energy
(* SF = Success Factor)